Sunday, June 20, 2010

Tenses in Writing Sections

 By: TOEFL consultant


Marry is my new friend in Mathematics class. She is studying the Mathematics this semester. She is also taking Linguistics class. The mathematics class begins at 8:00 every day. Yesterday, she ate breakfast around 8:00. She already ate breakfast when she came for the class at 8:00. She always eats breakfast before she will go to school. In contrast, I didn’t usually eat breakfast before I went to school. But I usually got hungry about midmorning. Tomorrow, before I go to school, I will eat breakfast.
            Furthermore, Marry is in class every morning from 8:00 to 1:00. Yesterday, I called her at 10:30, but I could not reach her because she is presenting the Linguistic class at that time. Thus, if I want to call her at 10:30, she is going to attend the class at that time.

            Also, yesterday Marry studied Mathematics from 3:00 to 4:00. I came at 3.30. As a result, when I got there, she was studying the course. She has studied for half an hour by the time I came.  Right now, she is working exercises in chapter 10 that was assigned by our teacher. The clock is at 4:00. It means that she studied two hours ago. She has studied for two hours.

            Moreover, two days ago, she was starting to write the third novel by herself. It is a short history about her life. He writes it because writing   novels is her hobby. Since this month, she has written two novels. Right now, she is writing the third novel. She has written it for one week. She plans to finish it next month. In her life time, she has written two novels, but this is the first novel she ever writes of telling her life story.

            Next Sunday, after she ate breakfast, she is going to go to bookstores in order to look for some references in discussing life stories in the novel. It means that she will have eaten breakfast by the time she goes to the bookstore.




References

Azar, Betty Schrampfer. 1989. Understanding and Using English Grammar. New Jersey: Prentice-Hall Inc.

Manser, Martin H. 1995. Oxford Learner’s Pocket Dictionary: New Edition. Oxford: Oxford University Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment